Here we go with another issue of The Exposure Sheet, the in-house bi-weekly newsletter for employees of the Leon Schlesinger studio (circa January 1939). Like the cartoons themselves, the newsletter doesn’t take it all so seriously. The articles are a mix of gossip, employee bios, and bits of news sprinkled with poetry and humor pieces.
Lots of things to pick out and ponder in this issue – including:
• Notice of Pinto Colvig going off to Fleischer Studios
• Dates and theatres that some Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies played in Hollywood
• Cal Dalton bio which mentions his start at Romer Grey and Ted Eshbaugh!
• Bios of Ace Gamer, Jack Miller and Phil DeLara.
• Background painter Peter Gaenger – that’s a new name to me!
All this and more. Click thumbnails below to enlarge. Enjoy!